Persona’s award-winning creative design and content services span 25 years with Ontario government clients. Our key team—the A Team, who personally work on all government accounts—has remained the same since 1988.
Quick Summary of Capabilities
- Creativity and flexibility of creative: Founder and creative Director Kam Wai Yu, well known for his design and illustrations in many countries around the world, heads up “Toronto’s hot shop” for design (HOW Magazine quote.) Persona has no “signature style”, and instead focus on strategically correct creative for clients and target audiences.
- Content, proofing and editing: Since 1996, chief editor James McKinnon built a team of writers, journalists and translators. His team provides content daily to dozens of clients, including online magazines, brochures, annual report writing and advertising copy writing.
- Experts in both French and English and several other languages: 25 years experience.
- Client approvals: systemized and simplified proofs, approvals and revisions.
- Adaption and revision: Persona’s many years of working with government clients brings a profound depth of understanding of the importance of adaption and revision.
- Electronic photo work: Experts in high level photo manipulation, cropping, retouching, scanning and advanced specialists in Adobe Photoshop.
- Digital formats: Persona team members are experts in all digital formats, online formats and print formats, including tagged PDFs
- Production of final art: Persona’s team bring two decades of printing industry expertise to the production of final art, together with high level expertise in online and digital formats.
- Production management and press approvals: Founder and coprincipal Derek Armstrong expertly—and seemlessly—handles account management and production for all government accounts, with over 25 years experience.
- Tagged PDFs and accessibility formats to the highest standard.
- In house team includes full resources in creative and art direction, graphic design for print, interactive, and online developers, copywriters, editors, production managers, account managers.
Our method and deliverables on all design and creative development projects include:
- Full briefing from client and ongoing consultation. On call 24 hours on projects.
- Conceptual development (multiple concepts) with variations on fonts, sizes, graphics, illustrations and stock photos (where applicable), very tightly focused on full briefing.
- Final layouts from concept choice and client direction, with sets of PDFs and/or laser proofs for signoffs and quality control.
- Account management, including printer specifications, managing deadlines and critical path, and presentations.
- Quality control at all stages.
- Transmission of final art to client and any suppliers (such as printers), including fonts and picture files, source files, print-ready PDFs, and Accessible PDFs.
“Persona has a team of consummate professionals that are an absolute pleasure to work with. Week in and week out, they provide the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care with outstanding design. The thing that I appreciate the most is their can-do attitude — from a quick concept to final design turnaround to their 24/7 service, nothing holds these people back! They are in constant communication with me throughout the design process; every time I send an e-mail over to them, I receive a reply immediately. Kam and Derek’s dedication to their profession and desire to please the client makes for a winning combination. I am always delighted with the end product and would highly recommend the services of Persona to any business, large or small, that is looking to take their marketing and design to the next level.” —Elaine Lurie, Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
All of our work, including design, copywriting, editing, web development and interactive uses in-house resources.